The current name of the village dates back to 1300. But the history of Sant’Angelo del Pesco goes back to the year 1000, when a group of inhabitants from the district of Pescopennataro
moved to settle in a locality named Sant’Angelo in Grifone. Until 1861 it was administratively dependent on the municipality of Pescopennataro, thus explaining its name. It was almost completely razed to the ground in the Second World War, but its reconstruction has followed the old original urban layout. The Church of San Michele Arcangelo dates from the end of the year 1000.
The territory of Sant’Angelo del Pesco is covered in white spruce trees that are being studied by the Forestry School of the University of Holenburg. But many other trees populate the area, including beech and fir trees. This region, like all the others mentioned, lends itself well to long walks in natural surroundings: that of Sant’Angelo del Pesco is a summer health resort.